December 15, 2014 by Grand Central Party
For everyone in the Northern Hemisphere, Winter has installed in its “full rights”. Winter weddings have become increasingly popular over the course of the past few years and, truth be told, you have all reasons in the world to settle for one as well. These weddings are gracious, unique, extremely romantic and they very often end up costing less than a spring or summer wedding as well.
If you want your own winter wedding as well, but if you have not decided on a particular theme yet, here are some ideas to inspire you:
- A Christmas wedding. What could be more full of hope and joy than bringing together Christmas and your wedding day? You can center your wedding around Christmas-related motifs and colors while keeping it classy as well – all it takes is a bit of creativity and willingness to actually make this come true.
- A Winter Wonderland theme. White is a very common choice for brides from all over the world – and not just when it comes to their gowns. A Winter Wonderland-themed wedding will center upon the idea of white, snow and ice – and trust us when we say that it can turn out absolutely stunning! Bring delicate snowflake motifs and blue lightning to your wedding and it will feel as if it was torn out of Anastasia!
- A Scandinavian theme. If you want your wedding to be at the cross-link between “elegant” and “rustic”, a Scandinavian-inspired theme can help you with that. Combine wooden signs and delicious Scandinavian cuisine and decorate everything with winter flowers and greenery and you’ll get the wedding you have always dreamed of!
Grand Central Party can help you with wedding-related rentals of all kinds, so don’t worry about unleashing your imagination when it comes to creating the perfect winter wedding theme. From chairs to glassware, we can provide you with all the details that are so necessary for dream-weddings to come true – contact us and learn more about our fabulous rentals!
Photo source: flickr.com/laura dye
December 8, 2014 by Grand Central Party
Unfortunately, one day has only 24 hours – and one week has only 7 days. In between jobs, families and social activities, most of us don’t always get to do all the things we want. For instance, if you are planning a big event (a wedding, a business party or simply a larger gathering of friends/relatives), you probably know just how difficult it can be to “fit” everything in such a small number of hours.
Many people in your situation will hire an event planner to make sure that their important moment turns out just as they want it to. Why would you go for this option as well? Here are some of the reasons:
- One of the main things that make people hire an event planner is related precisely to the fact that they are too busy or they don’t have the time to deal with the small details of planning for an event.
- Another reason is related to the fact that an event planner will always have more experience and he/she will always know how to deal with every aspect of the event. Remember, planning events is what these people do for a living – and in order to live decently, you have to be really good at it.
- Some people may fear that hiring an event planner will devoid their event of that “personable” feeling. However, this is completely untrue. A good planner will know how to work with you, with your wishes and with your suggestions to create something that is genuinely unforgettable.
If you have decided to finally hire a planner for your big event, don’t forget to stop by Grand Central Party as well. We offer a wide range of party rentals ranging from chairs to table linens and dance floors – and they all come in a large variety of designs to suit any kind of event, no matter how formal or informal it may be.
December 1, 2014 by Grand Central Party
We all know that planning a wedding can be an exhausting and exciting experience at the same time. If you have always wanted to have an outdoors wedding, but you worry that the cold temperatures of fall and winter may stand in the way, you should definitely know that there are many options when it comes to this.
How do you keep your guests warm at your outdoor tent wedding? Here are some things to keep in mind:
- These days, tents come with a wide variety of accessories that will make them absolutely great for weddings. From lightning to actual dance floors, there are a lot of things you can add to your favorite tent – and this includes heaters or air conditioning, depending on the season you choose for your Big Day.
- If you want your guests to stay warm throughout the entire wedding reception, make sure you choose heaters that are appropriate for the size of your tent. Choosing something that is too small may not be enough for all your guests to feel warm. However, make sure you don’t choose something that is too large either because it may lead to overheating the tent too. Talk to a professional if you are not 100% certain and they will explain everything to you.
- Also, remember to place the heaters “strategically” around the tent, so that all its areas are properly heated. This way, everyone will feel comfortable and nobody will complain about the cool weather outside.
If you are still searching for the perfect tent for your Big Day, don’t forget to check out Grand Central Party. We offer a wide variety of tents and accessories for rent – so that your wedding turns out as you have always dreamed it to be!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Yvette Ilagan
November 24, 2014 by Grand Central Party
Every little decision in planning a wedding can be really tough. The large number of things you will have to deal with, as well as the huge number of options can all be overwhelming indeed. Picking a wedding venue is one of the first steps in planning a dream wedding – and it should be carefully considered, especially since it will “dictate” many of the future decisions as well. Which are the things you absolutely have to know about your wedding venue? Here they are:
- How many guests can it accommodate? This is one of the first questions to ask because you want to make sure that your venue can really “hold” as many guests as you need it to. However, make sure you don’t fall into extremes and that you don’t choose a very large venue for a small wedding party – it will be costly and it will feel very much like an “empty room”.
- Do they provide catering or can they help you with recommending some wedding vendors? If you want to go the “hassle-free way”, pick a wedding venue that includes catering and maybe even other services too (such as lightning, flower arrangements and so on).
- If they do provide catering and/or other services, are you allowed to bring someone “from the outside”? For instance, if you have worked with a particular caterer before and you really like their services, can you bring them to your wedding venue even if they already provide their clients with catering?
- Will they provide you with glassware, cutlery and other similar items? Will they provide you with chairs and tables? Even more, will they provide you with a tent to “accommodate” your guests for an outdoor wedding in case it rains? Some of these things are sometimes taken for granted, but not all venues provide them and it’s definitely important to ask.
Come visit Grand Central Party; we offer Wedding packages for several Nashville wedding venues and locations. We also offer a wide variety of wedding rental items to make your Wedding complete. From chairs to table linens and from lounge furniture to wedding tents, we have everything you need – and at affordable prices!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Andrea.Pacheco
November 17, 2014 by Grand Central Party
Few moments in one’s life can compete in importance and grandeur with weddings. Truth be told, for the vast majority of people, their wedding is the most important and formal event in their lives.
If you are invited to a wedding and you really care about the couple that is about to tie the knot, remember that etiquette can be really important – both for them and for the way you will feel. Why are these “rules” so important and why should you respect them? Here are some things to keep in mind:
- In most of the cases, they are rules related to politeness and common sense. For instance, keeping your phone turned off throughout the ceremony is something you will really want to follow. After all, you don’t want to ruin your friends’ or relatives’ big moment, right?
- In other cases, wedding etiquette is actually meant to “protect” you from embarrassing and awkward situations. Believe it or not, most of the “rules” were made for a reason and that reason is not in any way related to “tormenting” you.
- If you are not familiar with what wedding etiquette says about certain situations, use your common sense. Most of the times, this is the right decision! Treat others events the way you would want people to treat your event!!
Here at Grand Central Party, we may not deal in etiquette – but we can surely provide you with the best wedding rentals out there! We love to see our brides and grooms happy and for this reason, we offer them everything they may need to rent for their wedding: from glassware to tables and tents. Come pay us a visit and take a look around because our items can really make one’s wedding day more beautiful, more attractive and more elegant.
Photo source: flickr.com/ Yarden Sachs
November 10, 2014 by Grand Central Party
Your wedding day is such an important moment in your life! As a good host, you will want to make sure every single guest that attends your wedding feels welcomed – and this means that you will have to greet everyone the proper way.
What is the proper way though? How do you greet your guests? What does etiquette say about it? We have gathered some of the most important things you should know about this so read on and find out more.
- The proper way to greet guests usually includes a line. This can be formed either at the ceremony site (after the ceremony) or at the reception venue (before the party).
- The most basic form of a receiving line includes the following people (in the exact same order): the mother of the bride, the mother of the groom, the bride and the groom.
- Fathers are not requested to join the line, but it’s perfectly fine if they do. However, keep in mind the fact that if one of them joins the receiving line, the other one should join as well.
- If you want to include your attendants in the receiving line, place the maid of honor right after the groom and the other bridesmaids after that.
- If the groom wants his attendants to be included as well, the best man should stay right beside the maid of honor and the other groomsmen should stay after the bridesmaids.
- If your family’s situation is special (such as divorced parents for example) or if you simply want to create the receiving line in a different way, choose a line formation that works for everyone involved!
Grand Central Party can provide you with wedding rentals to make all of your guests feel special on your big day. Come pay us a visit and take a look at our amazing collection of wedding rentals.
Photo source: flickr.com/ MarkDoliner
November 3, 2014 by Grand Central Party
Here at Grand Central Party, we truly believe every single detail can make a huge difference when it comes to weddings. For instance, the china you choose can add a lot to the design of your wedding tables, but you will really have to pay attention to how you decide on this. To help you out, we have come up with some helpful tips so be sure to read on.
- White is usually the go-to choice of many brides, but do bear in mind the fact that “white” can come in many shades. You can pair your China’s shade of white with your dress and/or with your wedding theme for a special look. For instance, if your dress is ivory white, why not choose China that comes in the same color?
- If you want to add a bit of glamour and elegance to your plates, choose designs that are not bare white. Even a very discrete gold rim can mean a lot when it comes to how your wedding tables will look.
- If you are planning on a very modern wedding, try to leave aside the “traditional” round shape and go for square China. This will look edgy and contemporary and it will fit into your wedding décor perfectly.
- Plate chargers can add a lot to the “look” of a wedding table so make sure not to forget about them. While with China you normally have a fairly limited number of choices when it comes to color and appeal, plate chargers are a bit more flexible. You can even get them in a color that will suit your wedding theme!
Grand Central Party will be more than happy to aid you in choosing the perfect China for your wedding. We provide our brides and grooms with quality wedding rentals – and this includes China, glassware, flatware and pretty much everything else your big day will need to be perfect! Come visit our website and learn more about our beautiful wedding rental items.
Photo source: flickr.com/ Cameron Nordholm
October 27, 2014 by Grand Central Party
Outdoor weddings can be incredibly fun and full of joy, but you will definitely want to pay attention to all the details such a wedding is comprised of. Since you will most likely plan your wedding well ahead of its time, it will be impossible to predict how the weather on your wedding day will be – and this is why having a backup tent is a great choice.
Having a tent wedding does not have to mean that you’ll leave aside all elegance and grace when it comes to the décor. On the contrary, draping décor can add a lot to the way the wedding will look like, so don’t hesitate to use it! Here are some ideas to help you make the draping décor look fabulous:
- Make sure you choose the right size for your wedding tent. Ideally, you should rent the draping décor from the same company as the tent itself, so that you know for sure the sizes will match perfectly.
- Be creative when it comes to decorating the drapes, but try to stick to your wedding theme as well. Oil lamps will look marvelous especially if your wedding is inspired by the vintage fashion.
- Paper lanterns also make for a cute, graceful and beautiful choice. You can allow yourself to go a bit crazy with these, but remember that they should fit into the color scheme as well.
- If you are having a wedding inspired by the Eastern culture, Chinese lanterns or Diwali lanterns will look very nice and they will add a bit of color and style to your draping décor.
- Aside from lightning, there are other ways to embellish the draping décor too. For instance, some brides choose bows, ribbons, pompons, flowers and other items to make their draping décor unique.
Grand Central Party can help you with all sorts of wedding rental items, so that your big day turns out absolutely amazing. From tents to draping décor and from glassware to staging, we can truly ensure your wedding looks great!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Yvette Ilagan
October 20, 2014 by Grand Central Party
Weddings are difficult to plan because in one way, they are just like a jigsaw puzzle with many pieces. In the end, everything from the food to the florals and from your dress to the bowtie on your groom will have to come together perfectly.
Choosing a bar style can be just as tricky as every other choice you have to make when it comes to your wedding. We have gathered some tips to make this decision easier for you. Read on and find out more.
- How elegant will your wedding be? For very elegant weddings, try to avoid picking a bar that has a “rustic” feel to it. Instead, go for simple designs with black or white. After all, simplicity is the most elegant way to do things.
- If you are planning a more casual wedding, an outdoor wedding or a rustic/country wedding, a rustic bar or a unique “whiskey barrel” bar can look amazing with the rest of the décor.
- Mahogany works particularly well with vintage/Jazz Age-inspired weddings. There is something timelessly classy about mahogany that will definitely look amazing if you want your big day to be inspired by the old-school style.
- Bars with skirting look good at weddings that are decorated in a very delicate and almost “girly” way. Also, they will be a great choice for brides whose dresses are ruffled.
- Aluminum bars are perfect for modern weddings and minimalist designs. If you want your reception to look contemporary, edgy and elegant at the same time, this is the type of bar you should choose.
Grand Central Party can provide you with any of the above-mentioned styles for your bar. Come pay us a visit and take a look at our wonderful collection of wedding rentals of all kinds!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Rick Phillips
October 13, 2014 by Grand Central Party
If there is something every single bride wants, that is her wedding to be perfect – and not just for her and for her groom, but for the guests as well. As a bride-to-be, you will want to do everything in your means to provide your guests with the very best there is. From food to drinks and from ways to entertain them to providing them with all the details of your wedding venue, you will want them to feel comfortable at your wedding.
One thing some brides may necessarily not pay attention to is the seating they choose for the wedding. Generally speaking, most brides will go for normal chairs and decorate them according to their wedding theme. What if you did something different though? What if you wanted your guests to feel 100% comfortable?
Lounge furniture may be the answer to these questions. There are, of course, many reasons this type of furniture can be amazing for weddings, but we have gathered some of the best ones:
- Your guests will be comfortably and stylishly seated (and you will be as well, if you will actually have the time to sit down and relax for a bit).
- Lounge furniture has something elegant and beautiful about it. If you want your wedding to be laid back and classy at the same time, lounge furniture is a great option.
- Decorating lounge chairs can be personal and fun. Add a bit of your personality to the chair (Pillows come in many shapes and sizes). Let your inner decorator come out and have fun with the decor! If you have no idea how to decorate choose more elegant lounge chairs because they can be really stylish with or without decorations as well.
- Lounge furniture looks great both with outdoor weddings and indoor weddings. Even more, they can fit into almost any wedding theme you may have chosen for your big day!
If you are searching for quality lounge furniture, don’t forget about Grand Central Party! We can rent our lounge seating and furniture that will make your wedding look absolutely amazing!
Photo source: flickr.com/Infinitely Curious