October 27, 2014 by Grand Central Party
Outdoor weddings can be incredibly fun and full of joy, but you will definitely want to pay attention to all the details such a wedding is comprised of. Since you will most likely plan your wedding well ahead of its time, it will be impossible to predict how the weather on your wedding day will be – and this is why having a backup tent is a great choice.
Having a tent wedding does not have to mean that you’ll leave aside all elegance and grace when it comes to the décor. On the contrary, draping décor can add a lot to the way the wedding will look like, so don’t hesitate to use it! Here are some ideas to help you make the draping décor look fabulous:
- Make sure you choose the right size for your wedding tent. Ideally, you should rent the draping décor from the same company as the tent itself, so that you know for sure the sizes will match perfectly.
- Be creative when it comes to decorating the drapes, but try to stick to your wedding theme as well. Oil lamps will look marvelous especially if your wedding is inspired by the vintage fashion.
- Paper lanterns also make for a cute, graceful and beautiful choice. You can allow yourself to go a bit crazy with these, but remember that they should fit into the color scheme as well.
- If you are having a wedding inspired by the Eastern culture, Chinese lanterns or Diwali lanterns will look very nice and they will add a bit of color and style to your draping décor.
- Aside from lightning, there are other ways to embellish the draping décor too. For instance, some brides choose bows, ribbons, pompons, flowers and other items to make their draping décor unique.
Grand Central Party can help you with all sorts of wedding rental items, so that your big day turns out absolutely amazing. From tents to draping décor and from glassware to staging, we can truly ensure your wedding looks great!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Yvette Ilagan
October 20, 2014 by Grand Central Party
Weddings are difficult to plan because in one way, they are just like a jigsaw puzzle with many pieces. In the end, everything from the food to the florals and from your dress to the bowtie on your groom will have to come together perfectly.
Choosing a bar style can be just as tricky as every other choice you have to make when it comes to your wedding. We have gathered some tips to make this decision easier for you. Read on and find out more.
- How elegant will your wedding be? For very elegant weddings, try to avoid picking a bar that has a “rustic” feel to it. Instead, go for simple designs with black or white. After all, simplicity is the most elegant way to do things.
- If you are planning a more casual wedding, an outdoor wedding or a rustic/country wedding, a rustic bar or a unique “whiskey barrel” bar can look amazing with the rest of the décor.
- Mahogany works particularly well with vintage/Jazz Age-inspired weddings. There is something timelessly classy about mahogany that will definitely look amazing if you want your big day to be inspired by the old-school style.
- Bars with skirting look good at weddings that are decorated in a very delicate and almost “girly” way. Also, they will be a great choice for brides whose dresses are ruffled.
- Aluminum bars are perfect for modern weddings and minimalist designs. If you want your reception to look contemporary, edgy and elegant at the same time, this is the type of bar you should choose.
Grand Central Party can provide you with any of the above-mentioned styles for your bar. Come pay us a visit and take a look at our wonderful collection of wedding rentals of all kinds!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Rick Phillips
October 13, 2014 by Grand Central Party
If there is something every single bride wants, that is her wedding to be perfect – and not just for her and for her groom, but for the guests as well. As a bride-to-be, you will want to do everything in your means to provide your guests with the very best there is. From food to drinks and from ways to entertain them to providing them with all the details of your wedding venue, you will want them to feel comfortable at your wedding.
One thing some brides may necessarily not pay attention to is the seating they choose for the wedding. Generally speaking, most brides will go for normal chairs and decorate them according to their wedding theme. What if you did something different though? What if you wanted your guests to feel 100% comfortable?
Lounge furniture may be the answer to these questions. There are, of course, many reasons this type of furniture can be amazing for weddings, but we have gathered some of the best ones:
- Your guests will be comfortably and stylishly seated (and you will be as well, if you will actually have the time to sit down and relax for a bit).
- Lounge furniture has something elegant and beautiful about it. If you want your wedding to be laid back and classy at the same time, lounge furniture is a great option.
- Decorating lounge chairs can be personal and fun. Add a bit of your personality to the chair (Pillows come in many shapes and sizes). Let your inner decorator come out and have fun with the decor! If you have no idea how to decorate choose more elegant lounge chairs because they can be really stylish with or without decorations as well.
- Lounge furniture looks great both with outdoor weddings and indoor weddings. Even more, they can fit into almost any wedding theme you may have chosen for your big day!
If you are searching for quality lounge furniture, don’t forget about Grand Central Party! We can rent our lounge seating and furniture that will make your wedding look absolutely amazing!
Photo source: flickr.com/Infinitely Curious
October 7, 2014 by Grand Central Party
Weddings should be happy moments for every single guest, regardless of gender or age. Sure, you have probably thought about how you will entertain the adult guests. From great food to music, dancing and delicious drinks, you have thought of providing them with everything they need to feel really great at your wedding.
Have you thought of your younger guests too, though? Most likely, there will be at least two children invited to your wedding (the ring bearer and the flower girl). Even more, it is quite possible that some of the parents choose to bring their kids with them as well. How can you entertain the little ones and how can you make sure they feel just as great as their parents at your wedding?
Inflatables are a great idea for many reasons. Here are a few things that may influence you to use inflatables at your wedding:
- The kids really do deserve to have just as much fun as their parents and inflatables are something they always love.
- Children tend to have lots of energy and sitting at a table or dancing is not really their kind of fun. If they are not provided with anything to have fun with, they may start running around and they could accidentally break something. An inflatable will keep them “busy” and entertained for hours!
- Inflatables are safe for the little ones as well. If you want to make sure they don’t get hurt, provide them with inflatables that are safe for them.
- There is a wide variety of inflatables to pick from and you’ll definitely have some fun choosing them as well!
Grand Central Party can provide you with fun and safe inflatables for the young guests at your wedding. Come visit us and take a look at what we have in store!
Photo source: flickr.com/ TheArches
September 29, 2014 by Grand Central Party
Of course you want everything at your wedding to be absolutely perfect! This is your big day and you do deserve the very best!
Perfection comes with a long series of decisions you have to make. The long list of things to do will indeed feel endless at times, but the main thing you should know is that you don’t have to panic. Eventually, the “right” choice will come to you and you’ll be able to have the wedding you have always dreamed of!
Choosing a table layout for your big day may feel like one of the most confusing decisions you will have to make. For this precise reason we have put together a list of things you may want to keep in mind:
Typically, the bride and the groom are seated at a long table with their bridesmaids and groomsmen. Sometimes, parents are seated at the same table as well.
The other members of the family can be seated at the same table or they can be seated at special tables close to the main one. The ring bearer and the flower girl sit with their parents.
- Long, rectangular, family tables for all the guests (and not just for the bride, groom and their attendants) are popular options especially for rustic and outdoor weddings, but nobody says you can’t have them with your indoor wedding as well! They will make the reception feel much more intimate, but bear in mind that if someone doesn’t show up, this may ruin your seating chart!
- Round tables are the most commonly encountered and if you want to be more traditional, they make for the right choice.
- If you want to be somewhere in between “traditional” and “modern” go for smaller, square tables. They offer a more modern touch and they will not be problematic when it comes to guests who don’t show up to your wedding.
- You can always go for a mix of round tables, long tables and square tables as well! This will be extremely unique!
If you are searching for the perfect wedding reception tables for your big day, search no more! Grand Central Party has everything you need. Just come and take a look at our tables and pick the ones you want to rent for your wedding day!
Photo source: flickr.com/Phil Hawksworth
September 22, 2014 by Grand Central Party
Outdoor weddings are fun and they come with a great benefit: the natural décor surrounding you. Regardless of whether you choose to have your wedding on a beach or simply on the outdoor patio of your favorite venue, you will have to be prepared for the worst as well. And the “worst” thing that could go wrong with an outdoor wedding is bad weather.
- Don’t worry, having a tent as a backup will keep you and your guests from getting all wet in the rain! Follow the next tips and you will be able to choose a tent that is the most suitable for your reception:
- Pole tents are probably the most commonly encountered ones. They tend to be affordable and they will do the “job” of protecting you from the rain perfectly. Also, you can decorate them nicely too! So let your decorating imagination run wild!
- Frame tents are more suitable for windy weather and they will protect the laterals too (so that rain really doesn’t get in). Choose this type of tent if you want to make sure your wedding will not be transformed into a “pool” party.
- Marquee tents are the types of tents you will use if you want to connect the space between two buildings or two tents (the reception spot and the ceremony spot, for example).
- Inflatable tents are not so much for rainy weather as they are for weather that is too sunny. They will protect you and your guests from getting nasty sunburns and feeling sick if the temperatures get too high.
Visit Grand Central Party if you want to rent any of the aforementioned types of tent. Also, we have a great selection of tent lightning, accessories and décor items in store for you, so do not hesitate to call for our help if you want to make sure Mother Nature will not ruin your big day!
Photo source: flickr.com/John Hope
September 15, 2014 by Grand Central Party
Planning out marvelous big parties lies in the small details – and weddings are not an exception from this rule. On the contrary though, the small details in the wedding décor will make for the big “wow” coming from your guests.
To answer the question posed in the title shortly, yes, flatware does matter. After all, it will be right at your guests’ fingertips (literally). Choosing the right forks, knives and spoons can add a lot to a table setting and while your guests will probably eat just fine even without fancy flatware, they will surely appreciate it if they do have it. What tips should you keep in mind when choosing the perfect type of flatware for your wedding? Here are some of them:
First and foremost, keep in mind the theme of your wedding. Truthfully, even if you may want to choose really beautifully embellished flatware, it may not go with a rustic wedding (and the other way around: elegant weddings will not look great with simple, rustic flatware).
Think of the other items on the table as well: the glassware, the tableware, the centerpieces and so on. These should be matched with your flatware as well.
Unless you are planning a really, really fancy wedding reception (and unless you know your guests will be expecting it), you don’t necessary have to have an over abundance flatware. Get only those that are suitable for the menu you will be serving and everything should be more than fine.
Whatever type of flatware you choose to settle on, Grand Central Party can help you out. We offer a good array of wedding party rentals that include flatware, glassware and even tents. Furthermore, there are plenty of options in each category so that you can get everything from us and not have to worry about working with multiple providers.
Photo source: flickr.com/Benson Kua
September 8, 2014 by Grand Central Party
Make a Statement with Your Reception Linens
There are just about one billion things about planning a wedding a bride-to-be has to take into consideration. Even the tiniest napkin and even the most remote of the flower arrangements can turn you into a pack full of stress and negative emotions.
And yet, every single bit of effort you put into this is worth it. This is your big day and it is natural that you want everything to be absolutely perfect. Take your time, don’t rush and don’t make compromises because you really do deserve the kind of wedding you have always dreamed of.
Your reception linens may not be the first on your list of planning priorities, but they should definitely be there (especially since the linen is going to be noticed by every guests who sits at a table). Also, remember that you can beautify even the simplest location if you choose the right décor for your wedding and, together with the flower arrangements your linens will play an important role.
How do you make a statement with them? Here are some tips on how to choose linens suitable for your wedding:
- Don’t be afraid to be daring. Truly, everything from sparkly gold to the purest of the whites works. Allow yourself to be creative!
- Summer weddings work especially well with bright colors, but this is not a rule
- Winter weddings look very good with dark greens, blacks, purples and silver-y colors too
- Fall weddings can borrow the colors of the season for the linen too
- Spring weddings work perfectly with greens and pastels
- If you would rather play around with the other decorations, choose white or cream-colored linens
- Make sure you take into consideration the fabric as well and that it goes well with the rest of the wedding décor. You can choose to be a bit non-conformist and to make a real statement by choosing corduroy, burlap or other “unusual” wedding fabrics.
Grand Central Party can provide you with linens you will love. Since we have a very wide variety of them available for your special day, you can choose that which is most suitable for your ideal wedding ideas and for your style. Come take a look and you’ll surely find what you are searching for!
Photo source: flickr.com/ fivedollarones
September 1, 2014 by Grand Central Party
Weddings are more than just big parties – they are celebrations of family, commitment and love. They all look nice and perfect but behind the big moment there are hours and hours of planning and thinking and decision-making. Being a bride is not an easy thing, you see!
Choosing the perfect venue for your wedding is one of the most important decisions you will have to make. Aside from the dress and the cake, this choice will be a huge factor in the way your wedding turns out – so you really, really need to pay a lot of attention to every tiny detail. If you haven’t made up your mind yet, here are some things that may help you narrow down your list of options:
- Where is the venue located? Is it accessible to all your guests? If not, can you help them with transportation? You definitely don’t want anyone to miss out on your big day simply because they could not find any way to get there!
- Will your wedding be themed in any way? If yes, will the venue be suitable for your theme? A huge ballroom will be a stunning choice for a luxurious, fancy or more traditional wedding, but it may not be that good of an option for a rustic wedding, for example.
- Do you want your wedding to take place indoors or outdoors? Some venues can offer both options, while others will focus specifically on one of them.
- Can the venue of your wedding help you with other wedding-related issues? For instance, there are some places that can offer catering services too – which would probably take one stingy issue off your to-do list.
Focus on selecting the right venue and don’t worry too much about the furniture, glassware and tents because Grand Central Party can provide you everything you need in terms of rentals, so that you don’t have to run around for every chair and every champagne glass!
Photo source: flickr.com/Marc van der Chijs
August 25, 2014 by Grand Central Party
Rustic Furniture for Your Wedding Reception
Your wedding day is a big moment and everybody around you knows just how much effort you are putting in making sure that all the details come together harmoniously. Truth be told, there’s a lot of planning to do when it comes to such important events and every tiny thing will matter.
If you have already chosen your location, but if you have no idea how to decorate it, start with the furniture. Rustic furniture could be one of the best options possible and there are multiple reasons many brides-to-be choose it. Here are some of these reasons:
- Rustic furniture adds “warmth” to a party. Especially if you don’t want to go very formal with your wedding, this kind of furniture will make everything seem more “home-like” and friendlier for your guests.
- Rustic furniture is an original idea. When everybody’s choosing luxury (and would much rather choose golden tables if they had the chance to), you choose the beauty behind simplicity. The wood, the simple and beautiful color of it and the great feeling it gives can really go a long distance when it comes to weddings!
- Don’t be fooled into the idea that this kind of furniture is just for the countryside and that it has no appeal when it comes to its appearance! Rustic furniture can be combined with fancy décor so that it makes for a wonderful and stylish wedding location as well.
- If you are planning a vintage-inspired wedding, rustic furniture can provide you with the grounds from which you should start building the décor. Unless you want to go for antiques (or at least antique-inspired furniture), the rustic style can suit your vintage wedding very well!
Visit Grand Central Party and learn about our wide selection of wedding and party rentals. We offer quality rustic furniture at affordable prices, as well as everything else related to the furniture, glassware and staging for your wedding!
Photo source: flickr.com/David Higgs