May 25, 2015 by Grand Central Party
With all the fuss of planning a wedding, it’s really no wonder why so many couples want to simply “escape” once everything’s done. And the honeymoon is the perfect excuse for doing this. How to plan for the perfect honeymoon, though? Here are some tips to help you out:
- Ideally, you should start the honeymoon planning 6 months before the wedding. Set a budget for the honeymoon, search for a travel agent, settle on a particular destination and on a particular package, think of the ways in which you can save money and book/reserve all the things you will need in your vacation (the hotel, the car rental, and so on).
- With about 3 months before the wedding you should already know very well where you are going and you should have made the reservations as well. This is the time to obtain passports (if necessary) and to consider the option of buying a travel insurance policy (helpful if either of you has health problems, if you are worried about your safety or if you are afraid that the weather may ruin your honeymoon).
- Two months before the wedding you should start making reservations for those little activities that will keep you entertained during the honeymoon. Also, one month before the wedding/honeymoon you should make sure to make a shopping list with all the things you will need on holiday, to reconfirm the reservations and to visit the doctor if you need to.
- The last couple of weeks before leaving should be dedicated to picking up the airline tickets, exchanging money in the local currency (about $50 in small bills should be enough to get you from the airport to the hotel), packing everything and making sure all documents are photocopied and well-hidden in your luggage and handbag too.
If you want your wedding planning to be as hassle-free as possible, come visit Grand Central Party. Our affordable, beautiful wedding rentals will help you get a dream wedding without spending a fortune on it! Contact us and find out more about our offer!
Photo source: flickr.com/Natesh Ramasamy
May 19, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Being a bride can be a terribly difficult thing – especially when there’s a lot of pressure on you to create the perfect wedding. Do you really have to be like all the brides-to-be stereotypes, though? Do you really have to be obsessed with wedding magazines, wedding websites and Pinterest? Do you have to fall into a certain “category”?
What if you don’t want to be a “Pinterest bride”? What if you don’t want to be the “traditional” bride that stresses over every napkin at her wedding’s tables?
Here are some of the things you could be in exchange:
- A bride who does things not because a magazine told her to do them and not because she took a quiz that told her that she is a “fairy tale bride” or a “wild bride”.
- A bride who plans a wedding that truly fits her heart, her style and her love story – and she does this beyond all “unique wedding ideas”.
- A bride who knows how to create a wedding budget and who knows how to stick to it even though a lot of other options may sound very tempting.
- A bride that is less stressed out because she is not surrounded by “perfect magazine weddings” everywhere she turns her head.
- A happy bride – one that plans a wedding because she wants to “start” her marriage, not because all the glossy magazines and Pinterest boards tell her that she should do this.
Regardless of whether or not you are a Pinterest bride, Grand Central Party could be there for you. We provide a beautiful range of wedding rentals that look absolutely gorgeous and will save you money as well – so if you need anything for your wedding, just contact us and find out more about our rentals!
Photo source: flickr.com/Gane
May 12, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Undoubtedly, Game of Thrones is one of the most popular TV shows of the moment. If you are a big fan of the show, there’s nothing to stop you from bringing some of its elements into your wedding day too. How to plan a Game of Thrones-inspired wedding? Here are some tips to help you with this:
- Choose an outdoor venue. The forests and the marvelous nature in Game of Thrones could be the “setting” for your Big Day too. Choose an outdoor rustic venue that will provide you with the perfect “background” for the most beautiful day of your life.
- Pick GoT-inspired invitations. Your wedding stationery can be inspired by this show as well. With a bit of imagination, you can create wedding invitations, place cards and wedding programs centered around the idea of “Houses” and escutcheons.
- Bring your bridesmaids into the “game”. Your bridesmaids can dress in a Game of Throne-inspired way too. For instance, if you plan on having a fall or a winter wedding, accessorizing them with fur capes will be a great choice. Also, you can use GoT elements for their bouquets too. For instance, you could use house escutcheons to decorate your bridesmaids’ bouquets.
- Create a unique seating arrangement. Instead of simply numbering your pages, why not seat your guests according to their “houses”? This is a really fun idea, especially since you will get to assign each guest to the specific of a particular Game of Thrones house and family.
- A GoT cake. Who says wedding cakes have to be all-white? Create a cake that will seem torn out of the Game of Thrones show and your guests will love it. For example, you could have a wedding cake that is inspired by the famous Iron Throne.
If you are searching for the perfect wedding rentals to go with your theme, come visit Grand Central Party. Our rustic furniture will definitely breathe life into your Game of Thrones-themed wedding!
Photo source: flickr.com/ blinkbox Movies
May 4, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Destination weddings are really wonderful and unforgettable. However, most of times planning them comes with a series of problems an “at home” wedding would not pose. What are the things you should definitely consider before deciding on a destination wedding? Read on and find out about some of the most important ones.
- Making your guests feel comfortable. If you decide on having a destination wedding, you should also be prepared for a lot of “no” answers on your RSVPs. For those that say “yes” though, you should make sure to do everything in your means to make them comfortable. Blocking a nice hotel, providing clear instructions as to how they can get there, providing them with welcome bags – all of these things do make the difference so don’t forget to take them into account.
- Not seeing your vendors, venue, makeup artist or hairstylist face-to-face. If you are the kind of person who really wants to make sure you actually know how your vendors’ work looks like, a destination wedding will most likely not be a great option for you.
- Packing. The last thing you want on your wedding day is to realize you have forgotten something at home…halfway across the country. Thus, take into consideration that you should be very, very careful when packing for a destination wedding. Also, take into consideration the fact that you will have to make sure your dress and tuxedo get to their destination in one piece (and in perfect state as well).
- Legal issues. You want your wedding to be “official” and you want it to be legal back home too. Therefore, you should not forget to inform yourself over how official your destination wedding will be when you get back to your home state.
If you are searching for wedding rentals in Nashville, TN, make sure to contact Grand Central Party. From rustic furniture to wedding tents and dance floors, we can provide you with a huge variety of wedding related items – so that you make your wedding planning easier and more hassle-free too!
Photo source: flickr.com/ brand0con
April 27, 2015 by Grand Central Party
The wedding ceremony seating arrangement does matter a lot. In fact, it matters so much that it can make or break the entire wedding. How to seat your guests the best way? Grand Central Party has brought together some unique, creative wedding ceremony seating arrangements – so make sure to read on if you want to inspire yourself.
- Mismatched chairs. Who says you have to match your ceremony seating to perfection? If you want to bring a touch of playfulness and fun into the ceremony, you can always choose chairs that look completely differently. From vintage-looking to fun-colored and to simple elegant white chairs, everything works. Use your creativity and you’ll surely come up with the kind of seating arrangement your guests will not forget very soon.
- Semi-circles. You don’t have to arrange the chairs “in straight lines” either. In fact, a semi-circular (theatre-like) arrangement will look really beautiful in the pictures. Even more than that, it will offer all of your guests with a much better view of the entire ceremony too.
- Hay bales. Planning a rustic/chic wedding? Hay bales are almost a “must” in the décor – so why not create “chairs” out of them? To make your guests feel comfortable during the ceremony (and to add style to the décor), cover your hay bales with colorful blankets (they can be of the same color or, if you want to be playful, they can be of different colors as well).
If you are searching for ceremony seating options, make sure to visit Grand Central Party. We have a lot of wedding rentals in store for you, so it’s nearly impossible not to find something you truly like here! Contact us, pay us a visit and get the best and most unique wedding rentals out there – they will definitely help you plan a truly unique wedding!
Photo source: flickr.com/ torbakhopper
April 20, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Every wedding bears the “fingerprint” of the couple getting married. Your taste, your style and your preferences can transpire through everything related to your wedding and they can show your amazing love story.
If you want a wedding that truly feels like “you” and if you want it to be both unique and unforgettable at the same time, make sure to think out of the box. Here are some great non-conventional ideas to inspire you in creating the perfect Big Day:
- Non-white wedding dresses. Many people tend to believe that the tradition of the white dress is something that absolutely has to be followed. However, this is not entirely true. If you take into consideration the fact that the tradition of the white dress is only a couple centuries old and if you also consider that many cultures do not even practice this tradition (e.g. Chinese brides wear red), you will see that there’s no reason not to wear whatever color you want. Thankfully, modern designers cater to modern brides so you will find a lot of options when it comes to wedding gowns that are “not white”.
- Mis-matching. You don’t have to choose a couple of wedding colors and stick to them. You can go for a full-colored, fun wedding décor too! Even more, your bridesmaids’ dresses do not have to match. They don’t even have to be actual dresses. Elegant pantsuits, dresses connected only by a color range and even completely “unrelated” dresses are very popular these days.
- First Dances that turn into mini-flash mobs. We all love flash mobs, so why not create one for your Big Day too? Bring the wedding party into your First Dance and it’s very likely that none of your guests will ever forget this wedding!
If you want to be really unique with your wedding, do not hesitate taking a look at what Grand Central Party has to offer. With our beautiful wedding rentals, you can personalize your wedding and create something 100% original and stylish!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Symic
April 13, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Having wedding programs created for the Big Day is an excellent idea if you want to keep your guests informed. Even more, they can contribute a lot to bringing together all the elements of your wedding theme as well. If you want to add a dash of personality to your wedding programs, don’t forget to check out with the following ideas because we have gathered the best ones to inspire you:
- A classic wedding program will include information about the wedding ceremony, about the reception, the songs that are played at the ceremony, details about the time, date and location of the wedding, as well as a list with your wedding party’s names (and this includes your parents and the officiant as well).
- However, you can feel free to add any other bit of information you want. Some brides and grooms choose to write short descriptions of their bridesmaids and groomsmen (very often with funny anecdotes used to describe them). Also, if you plan on having a special ceremony and there will be any ritual that most guests will not be familiar with, you may want to include information about this as well. For instance, if you are having a Jewish wedding and a lot of your friends are not Jewish, you may want to explain some of the ceremony’s steps and their signification.
- Furthermore, keep in mind that wedding programs don’t have to be rectangular booklets either. In fact, they can take whatever shape you want: from beautiful trees to paper fans. They can be made out of wood and they can include rice and confetti receptacles for the guests to use at the end of the ceremony. Use your creativity and you will come up with something truly beautiful and unique!
And if you are searching for the perfect wedding rentals to complement your wedding theme too, make sure to check with Grand Central Party. From rustic furniture to amazing table linens, we have everything you need to create a wedding that’s truly personal.
Photo source: flickr.com/ katherinemuchadoo
April 6, 2015 by Grand Central Party
When thinking of “wedding rentals”, most couples will think of tents, chairs and other relatively “major” items to decorate their venue with. However, wedding rentals can refer to a wide range of other wedding-related items as well. Here are some unique ideas that will save you a lot of money:
- The cake. Of course, renting an actual cake is not possible. What is possible though is to rent a “fake cake”. Basically, such a cake will be made from multiple polystyrene foam tiers that look just as gorgeous as a “real cake”. While a typical wedding cake can cost anything between $400 and $3,000, a fake cake will cost much less. Even more, it can include a “real cake” tier for the “Cutting of the Cake” moment as well – so there’s really no reason not to go for this option if you want to save some money.
- The dress. Tuxedo rentals are fairly common out there – so why would a bride have to pay a really large price for a dress she will only wear once? If you are not keen on having a brand new dress for your wedding day and if you are thinking of renting one, you should definitely know that there are plenty of options available out there.
- The bride’s accessories. Everything, from the flowers to the bridal purse can be rented as well. Again, these are items you will most likely only use once so it would be a really great, budget-friendly idea to rent them instead of actually buying them.
Regardless of whether or not you settle for any of the above-mentioned options, Grand Central Party can help you with a variety of more “traditional” wedding rentals. From fun dance floors to fabulous wedding tents, our rental store is “stocked up” with a huge variety of wedding rental items you can use for your Big Day. Come visit us and learn more about our rentals!
Photo source: flickr.com/ aka Paty Oliveira / Maionese_paty
March 30, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Like every bride out there, you want to be gorgeous for your Big Day. And this means that you will have to choose a type of makeup to complement your natural beauty. To help you out on this, we have gathered some tips and ideas that will surely make you settle for the most beautiful kind of makeup – so make sure to read on if you want to find out more.
- Pink tones. Pop a bit of pink lipstick or lip gloss on your lips and a dash of pink blush for your cheeks as well. Complement this look by going very soft with your eyelids too (gold, champagne, pale pink tones work the best if you want to achieve a gentle, feminine look).
- Wine tones. If you want a beautiful “berry look” for your Big Day, choose a very soft color for your eyelids and for your cheeks. For the lips, pick a wine-colored lipstick to suit your complexion (darker if you have tanned skin and a bit lighter if your skin is fairer).
- Earthy tones. Earthy tones look absolutely marvelous on brides, especially when they are complemented by a classic red lipstick. If you want a “smoky” look, earthy tones and black are good choice too – and they can either be paired with red lipstick or with something more neutral.
- Glamorous. Some brides prefer a more glamorous look for their Big Day – and if you are among them, bronze, silver and shimmery pink shades are a great option for you. Make sure you don’t go “too sparkly” by pairing the above-mentioned tones with finishes that are a bit more matte on your lipstick and/or cheeks.
Grand Central Party can provide you with some amazing wedding rental items. Come visit us and take a look around because you will find a large variety of tableware options, tents and everything else you need to plan for a 100% personalized wedding!
Photo source: flickr.com/ MsSaraKelly
March 23, 2015 by Grand Central Party
As a bride-to-be, you want to shine on your wedding day! Of course, a beautiful gown does have a really important role in making you feel amazing, but so does your hairstyle. If you are not sure what style to pick for your Big Day, check with the following tips because they will make the decision easier for you:
- Up-do vs. letting your hair down. One of the first things to decide on is whether you want to pull your hair up or if you want to let it down. This decision depends a lot on the face of your shape and on the design of your wedding gown, but in general, you should stick to letting your hair down only if the dress is more revealing in the upper part. Up-do’s look great with both “revealing” gowns and gowns that cover more of the upper part.
- Your wedding style. Allow your wedding theme and style to “dictate” the direction of your hairstyle. Planning a vintage wedding? Pull your hair up and accessorize it with a beautiful birdcage veil – or let your hair down and curl it in the 1940’s Hollywood way. Planning a rustic wedding? Ask your hairstylist to create some beautiful braids and a “messy” hairstyle to suit your theme.
- Leave your hair down and silky. If you want a really simple and very elegant hairstyle for the Big Day, let your hair down and have it professionally straightened. Pull your bangs on one side or allow them to flow naturally.
Grand Central Party can help you plan the wedding of your dreams. Come visit us and choose from the amazing range of wedding rental items we have in store from you! Pick your favorite chairs, tent and linens and create a wedding that truly reflects your style, personality and love story!
Photo source: flickr.com/Kisspat Feather