June 29, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Most ladies can remember how they used to dream of becoming “real-life princesses” on their wedding day. So why wouldn’t you include your favorite children’s book in your wedding? We have gathered some really wonderful, romantic and heart-warming ideas – so if this is something you would like to do on your Big Day, make sure to read on and find out more.
- You could personalize your favorite children’s story and transform it in a coloring book to offer to all of those young guests at your wedding. This is the perfect wedding favor for the little ones, especially since it will also keep them busy throughout the wedding.
- Even more, you could actually include your favorite fairy tale in the ceremony too. Ask your bridesmaids to read some of your most beloved passages during the ceremony and they will truly love it! This is a gracious way of including them in the ceremony and of bringing some of your own personality and dreams into it as well.
- Last, but not least, don’t forget about the fact that you can center your entire wedding on your favorite children’s book. Planning a wedding around such a childish (and yet romantic) theme is a really sweet way to show that deep inside, you are happy that you finally found the prince you have been dreaming about ever since you were a little girl!
And if you want everything to be absolutely flawless, check with what Grand Central Party has to offer. We provide a wide range of wedding rental items that cover for any kind of need you may have for the Big Day. From fairy-tale wedding tents to elegant glassware and tableware, we have them all – and they are all ready to be rented by you! Come visit us and take a look around!
Photo source: flickr.com/elPadawan
June 15, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Just like every other detail of your wedding, your wedding stationery plays an important role in helping you feel excellent on your Big Day. What are the most important questions to ask your wedding stationery designer, though? Read on and find out more.
- Ask him/her if he/she can show a portfolio. This will give you a better idea of how his/her style would look like on your wedding stationery, so that you can make the best decision for your Big Day.
- Ask him/her if he/she has specialized in a particular type of stationery. Some designers only create very traditional invitations and stationery, while others work with multiple styles. Make sure you ask this to see if your designer is compatible with your idea of a beautiful wedding style.
- Ask him/her about the final price for your wedding stationery. Don’t forget to ask the designer about how he/she prices the invitations, how many of them you will receive in the package and what is the actual, final price for everything.
- Last, but definitely not least, ask him/her about how you can personalize your invitations and stationery. This is very important for those of you who want your Big Day to be genuinely unique. Some designers prefer to customize as little as possible, while many others can customize every single aspect of your wedding stationery so that it really fits your wedding, your style and your personality.
Grand Central Party can also help you have a wedding that’s all yours. We hold an impressive collection of wedding rentals of all kinds – from glassware to wedding tents – so no matter what you may need, do not hesitate to contact us and to visit us. We guarantee your wedding will be genuinely unforgettable and special!
Photo source: flickr.com/ montymanateeweddings
June 9, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Sometimes, we follow traditions without even knowing exactly where they originated – and wedding traditions make no exception from this rule. For example, do you know what are some of the most beautiful symbols behind the wedding rings? We have gathered some of the most interesting facts, so make sure to read on if you want to find out more about this.
- The idea of wearing a wedding ring seems to have originated in the Ancient Egypt. The ring, an unbreakable circle, stood for the never-ending love and commitment the husband and wife bear to each other. Wearing a wedding ring did not become very popular until Roman times though – and ever since then it has caught on to most of the Western civilizations.
- Furthermore, the idea of wearing a diamond ring is very frequently associated with the strength of this gem (which symbolizes the strength of the love between the husband and wife as well). The tradition of the diamond engagement ring started in the second half of the 15th century in Austria and it is still followed today as well.
- Last, but not least, the idea of wearing matching wedding rings is quite new for the American soil. Although this tradition was introduced by the Greek Orthodox Church in the 14th century, it wasn’t until the Second World War that Americans started to wear wedding bands (especially since war split them apart from their loved ones and the rings acted as a “promise” and as a solace as well).
Here at Grand Central Party, we provide brides and grooms with the most beautiful and qualitative wedding rentals out there. Come visit us and pick from the wide selection of wedding furniture, tents, tableware and glassware – and your wedding will definitely look more than gorgeous!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Grand Velas Riviera Maya
June 1, 2015 by Grand Central Party
With summer right around the corner, many brides-to-be are searching for the perfect summer wedding themes to incorporate in their Big Day. If that is the case for you too, you should definitely consider the option of planning a vineyard wedding. Elegant and yet informal, stylish and yet not overly opulent and unique without being over-the-top, this type of wedding could be an unforgettable choice.
How to pull this off? Here are some tips you might want to keep in mind.
- Make sure you are private. If you want to host your wedding at a vineyard, make sure to talk to the managers there and see when you can rent the entire estate. This way, you will make sure strangers will not “intrude” your wedding and that your privacy will be protected.
- Flower arrangements. Vineyard weddings are already surrounded by gorgeous natural landscapes, so you definitely don’t want to exaggerate with the flower arrangements. Simple, natural and elegant flower centerpieces are the best choice, as they will perfectly complement the landscape. Also, rustic décor works marvelously with vineyard but, again, you should make sure not to go “too far” with it.
- Special music. Hire a unique live band to provide you with music on your wedding day because this will be a perfect complement to the surrounding nature. Although you can go for a DJ, the truth is that a live instrumental band will most likely “fit” better into the theme.
If you are searching for the perfect rustic furniture to use for your vineyard wedding, make sure to contact Grand Central Party today! We offer a wide range of wedding rental items meant to suit every style there is – and they all look absolutely gorgeous too. Contact us and find out more about our rentals!
Photo source: flickr.com/ kona99
May 25, 2015 by Grand Central Party
With all the fuss of planning a wedding, it’s really no wonder why so many couples want to simply “escape” once everything’s done. And the honeymoon is the perfect excuse for doing this. How to plan for the perfect honeymoon, though? Here are some tips to help you out:
- Ideally, you should start the honeymoon planning 6 months before the wedding. Set a budget for the honeymoon, search for a travel agent, settle on a particular destination and on a particular package, think of the ways in which you can save money and book/reserve all the things you will need in your vacation (the hotel, the car rental, and so on).
- With about 3 months before the wedding you should already know very well where you are going and you should have made the reservations as well. This is the time to obtain passports (if necessary) and to consider the option of buying a travel insurance policy (helpful if either of you has health problems, if you are worried about your safety or if you are afraid that the weather may ruin your honeymoon).
- Two months before the wedding you should start making reservations for those little activities that will keep you entertained during the honeymoon. Also, one month before the wedding/honeymoon you should make sure to make a shopping list with all the things you will need on holiday, to reconfirm the reservations and to visit the doctor if you need to.
- The last couple of weeks before leaving should be dedicated to picking up the airline tickets, exchanging money in the local currency (about $50 in small bills should be enough to get you from the airport to the hotel), packing everything and making sure all documents are photocopied and well-hidden in your luggage and handbag too.
If you want your wedding planning to be as hassle-free as possible, come visit Grand Central Party. Our affordable, beautiful wedding rentals will help you get a dream wedding without spending a fortune on it! Contact us and find out more about our offer!
Photo source: flickr.com/Natesh Ramasamy
May 19, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Being a bride can be a terribly difficult thing – especially when there’s a lot of pressure on you to create the perfect wedding. Do you really have to be like all the brides-to-be stereotypes, though? Do you really have to be obsessed with wedding magazines, wedding websites and Pinterest? Do you have to fall into a certain “category”?
What if you don’t want to be a “Pinterest bride”? What if you don’t want to be the “traditional” bride that stresses over every napkin at her wedding’s tables?
Here are some of the things you could be in exchange:
- A bride who does things not because a magazine told her to do them and not because she took a quiz that told her that she is a “fairy tale bride” or a “wild bride”.
- A bride who plans a wedding that truly fits her heart, her style and her love story – and she does this beyond all “unique wedding ideas”.
- A bride who knows how to create a wedding budget and who knows how to stick to it even though a lot of other options may sound very tempting.
- A bride that is less stressed out because she is not surrounded by “perfect magazine weddings” everywhere she turns her head.
- A happy bride – one that plans a wedding because she wants to “start” her marriage, not because all the glossy magazines and Pinterest boards tell her that she should do this.
Regardless of whether or not you are a Pinterest bride, Grand Central Party could be there for you. We provide a beautiful range of wedding rentals that look absolutely gorgeous and will save you money as well – so if you need anything for your wedding, just contact us and find out more about our rentals!
Photo source: flickr.com/Gane
May 12, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Undoubtedly, Game of Thrones is one of the most popular TV shows of the moment. If you are a big fan of the show, there’s nothing to stop you from bringing some of its elements into your wedding day too. How to plan a Game of Thrones-inspired wedding? Here are some tips to help you with this:
- Choose an outdoor venue. The forests and the marvelous nature in Game of Thrones could be the “setting” for your Big Day too. Choose an outdoor rustic venue that will provide you with the perfect “background” for the most beautiful day of your life.
- Pick GoT-inspired invitations. Your wedding stationery can be inspired by this show as well. With a bit of imagination, you can create wedding invitations, place cards and wedding programs centered around the idea of “Houses” and escutcheons.
- Bring your bridesmaids into the “game”. Your bridesmaids can dress in a Game of Throne-inspired way too. For instance, if you plan on having a fall or a winter wedding, accessorizing them with fur capes will be a great choice. Also, you can use GoT elements for their bouquets too. For instance, you could use house escutcheons to decorate your bridesmaids’ bouquets.
- Create a unique seating arrangement. Instead of simply numbering your pages, why not seat your guests according to their “houses”? This is a really fun idea, especially since you will get to assign each guest to the specific of a particular Game of Thrones house and family.
- A GoT cake. Who says wedding cakes have to be all-white? Create a cake that will seem torn out of the Game of Thrones show and your guests will love it. For example, you could have a wedding cake that is inspired by the famous Iron Throne.
If you are searching for the perfect wedding rentals to go with your theme, come visit Grand Central Party. Our rustic furniture will definitely breathe life into your Game of Thrones-themed wedding!
Photo source: flickr.com/ blinkbox Movies
May 4, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Destination weddings are really wonderful and unforgettable. However, most of times planning them comes with a series of problems an “at home” wedding would not pose. What are the things you should definitely consider before deciding on a destination wedding? Read on and find out about some of the most important ones.
- Making your guests feel comfortable. If you decide on having a destination wedding, you should also be prepared for a lot of “no” answers on your RSVPs. For those that say “yes” though, you should make sure to do everything in your means to make them comfortable. Blocking a nice hotel, providing clear instructions as to how they can get there, providing them with welcome bags – all of these things do make the difference so don’t forget to take them into account.
- Not seeing your vendors, venue, makeup artist or hairstylist face-to-face. If you are the kind of person who really wants to make sure you actually know how your vendors’ work looks like, a destination wedding will most likely not be a great option for you.
- Packing. The last thing you want on your wedding day is to realize you have forgotten something at home…halfway across the country. Thus, take into consideration that you should be very, very careful when packing for a destination wedding. Also, take into consideration the fact that you will have to make sure your dress and tuxedo get to their destination in one piece (and in perfect state as well).
- Legal issues. You want your wedding to be “official” and you want it to be legal back home too. Therefore, you should not forget to inform yourself over how official your destination wedding will be when you get back to your home state.
If you are searching for wedding rentals in Nashville, TN, make sure to contact Grand Central Party. From rustic furniture to wedding tents and dance floors, we can provide you with a huge variety of wedding related items – so that you make your wedding planning easier and more hassle-free too!
Photo source: flickr.com/ brand0con
April 27, 2015 by Grand Central Party
The wedding ceremony seating arrangement does matter a lot. In fact, it matters so much that it can make or break the entire wedding. How to seat your guests the best way? Grand Central Party has brought together some unique, creative wedding ceremony seating arrangements – so make sure to read on if you want to inspire yourself.
- Mismatched chairs. Who says you have to match your ceremony seating to perfection? If you want to bring a touch of playfulness and fun into the ceremony, you can always choose chairs that look completely differently. From vintage-looking to fun-colored and to simple elegant white chairs, everything works. Use your creativity and you’ll surely come up with the kind of seating arrangement your guests will not forget very soon.
- Semi-circles. You don’t have to arrange the chairs “in straight lines” either. In fact, a semi-circular (theatre-like) arrangement will look really beautiful in the pictures. Even more than that, it will offer all of your guests with a much better view of the entire ceremony too.
- Hay bales. Planning a rustic/chic wedding? Hay bales are almost a “must” in the décor – so why not create “chairs” out of them? To make your guests feel comfortable during the ceremony (and to add style to the décor), cover your hay bales with colorful blankets (they can be of the same color or, if you want to be playful, they can be of different colors as well).
If you are searching for ceremony seating options, make sure to visit Grand Central Party. We have a lot of wedding rentals in store for you, so it’s nearly impossible not to find something you truly like here! Contact us, pay us a visit and get the best and most unique wedding rentals out there – they will definitely help you plan a truly unique wedding!
Photo source: flickr.com/ torbakhopper