The initial planning stages of a wedding involve a few “big picture” items to get the ball rolling. The reception site and availability is critical in picking the date for a wedding. In fact, it should be the first decision made, particularly if the ceremony and reception will be held in the same venue.
To help you ensure that no detail is overlooked, here are some questions to ask and things to consider when shopping around and visiting venues.
To help you ensure that no detail is overlooked, here are some questions to ask and things to consider when shopping around and visiting venues:
• Does the venue offer wedding packages? If so, how much is the package per person? Can the package be personalized with special enhancements?
• Are their service fees for cutting the cake, setting up the ballroom or using outside materials such as china, glassware, chairs or linens?
• Does the site have a food & beverage minimum that must be met? If so, how much and is alcohol included? What about service fees and taxes?
• Does the venue provide tables, chairs, china, glassware and linens? This is especially important for outdoor or venues that aren’t associated with a hotel, as they may not have these items in stock. If not, you will need to research the cost of rentals.
• How much set-up time will the venue allow you to contract? Depending on how detailed the wedding is, you’ll want to ensure ample prep time in the wedding space. Consider floral arrangements, DJs, placecard tables, centerpieces, favors and other decor.
• Alcohol policies: what are they? You may have the option to choose a type of bar (cash, hosted or open) or may choose to have only wine service. Find out if they charge by the hour, per person, on consumption or a combination. Ultimately you will have the choice, but it’s good to know what your options are.
Here are some venues around Nashville you might be interested in:
Hixtorical Rock Castle
This is a beautiful venue located in Hendersonville, TN right on the Old Hickory Lake. You can rent the property for your wedding, reception, or even both.
Since the early 19th century, the Hermitage has been renowned for offering its guests a warm and gracious welcome. President Andrew Jackson loved his farm and took pride in sharing it with the many dignitaries and guests that visited over the years. Jackson also enjoyed a good wedding and he went all out for them. His hospitality was legendary and it continues today.
Spring Haven is the ideal location for weddings, events, showers, teas, meetings and social gatherings of all kinds. Spring Haven offers an array of ideal settings from small group gatherings to major events. It is also a wonderful destination for rehearsal dinners, seasonal and corporate parties, and family events.
Located in Hendersonville, TN. They offer many different packages for the day of your wedding; which includes ceremony and reception.