March 2, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Vintage weddings are elegant, beautiful and they have a timeless feel to them everyone enjoys these days. If you have settled on a Vintage theme, make sure you try to incorporate it as much as possible into your wedding. Here are some fantastic ideas to inspire you:
- You don’t have to have an actually vintage dress, as there are many designs out there that are inspired by the vintage fashion. With this year’s inclination towards off-the-shoulder dresses, there’s a high chance you will find a lot of Vintage-inspired wedding gowns to choose from. Also, you can add a vintage look to your dress by choosing to wear a short visor veil or a “Grace Kelly”-inspired design as well.
- Furthermore, if you want to add a sentimental touch to your wedding, you can wear your mother’s dress too (there are plenty of restoration and alteration services that will make her dress look absolutely fabulous for your Big Day).
- Make your wedding exit Vintage as well. There are a lot of stunning Vintage cars for rental, suitable for any decade you may have chosen to inspire yourself from for your Big Day. From 1920s “Great Gatsby” cars to vehicles created in the 1950s and 1960s, there’s a myriad of options for you.
- Choose pale pastel flowers and Antique-like centerpiece vases for your décor. Also, make sure your tables, chairs and linens go along with the theme as well. Again, they do not have to be actually Vintage or Antique (as this would most likely be quite expensive). With a bit of creativity, you can find a lot of rental items that can be turned into Vintage-inspired pieces.
Here at Grand Central Party, we have specialized in providing brides and grooms with amazing wedding rentals for their Big Day. Come visit us and choose from a variety of tents, chairs, tables, linens and dance floors!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Samantha Jade Royds
February 23, 2015 by Grand Central Party
In general, brides take most of the wedding planning tasks. However, there’s absolutely no reason in the world why you shouldn’t include your groom in the entire planning process too! If you are looking for ways to do this, take a look at the following tips because they will definitely come in as more than useful.
- Planning the wedding budget. Traditionally, the parents of the bride and groom pay for the wedding ceremony and reception. However, that doesn’t mean that you and your groom will not have to create a wedding budget! Make sure you include your groom when planning the wedding budget because this way you will know which of the things he doesn’t want to compromise on and which of the wedding-related purchases he would skimp on as well.
- Taking care of the bar. Of course, you should bring your groom with you when tasting the wedding food and cake as well – but leaving him to take care of the bar section of the reception will be a great idea.
- Taking care of the musicians/playlist. Have your groom help you research wedding bands and DJs and leave it up to him to create a wedding playlist as well (or do it together). He will most likely enjoy this task!
- Picking his tuxedo and his groomsmen’s attire too. You can agree with your fiancé on some “ground rules” for his and his groomsmen’s tuxedoes (for instance, including a particular color). However, you should leave it up to him to choose the clothes he will wear on the Big Day and the clothes his best friends will wear too.
- Negotiating with vendors. If your future husband has great negotiating skills, you can task him to negotiate with the vendors. This way, he will feel great about being actually helpful while doing something he is good at too.
Searching for rental items for the Big Day? Here at Grand Central Party we can provide you with a wonderful array of wedding items you can rent. Table linens, rustic furniture, wedding tents, lighting, tableware – you name it and we will provide it to you!
Photo source: flickr.com/laura dye
February 16, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Many people choose to go the DIY “route” when it comes to their wedding day – and usually, this means that they get to rent their own décor as well. Of course, you could go for a venue that provides you with everything you need, but the truth is that renting the décor can be a great idea as well. Here are some of the reasons why you should do this instead of working with an all-inclusive venue:
- You don’t need a very fancy venue to have a very elegant party. The right décor, the right chairs, table linens and flower arrangements can all add a lot even to the simplest of spaces. Basic white rooms and even gyms can be turned into a truly beautiful location for your wedding – and all you need is to choose beautiful items for your décor.
- You can rent décor both for a formal wedding and for a wedding that is more informal too. For instance, there are a lot of wedding rentals focused on rustic-themed weddings too – and they can be an amazing addition even to a simple, inexpensive barn.
- It adds personality. If you want your wedding to truly reflect who you are as a couple and what your love story is about, renting your own décor is an amazing option. This way, you get to make your own choices and you can personalize your wedding to suit your style 100%.
- Many people stay away from renting their furniture and décor for the Big Day because they believe that this will be time-consuming. Of course, planning a wedding can take a lot of time – but if you find a vendor that can provide you with all the wedding rentals you need, time will definitely not be an issue.
Grand Central Party holds an impressive array of wedding rentals you can get for your own wedding. From dance floors to lightning and from elegant wedding tents to rustic furniture manufactured by experienced craftsmen, we have everything you need – so make sure to pay us a visit when planning for the Big Day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ chacrebleu
February 9, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Every detail can matter a lot when it comes to the décor of a wedding – and this most certainly includes your wedding reception table/chair linens as well. Believe it or not, the right linens can add a lot to your wedding’s “look” so you should pay attention to how you choose them. If you are not sure on how exactly to do that, make sure to check out the following tips:
- Your wedding theme. The first and foremost important thing you should think of when choosing linens for your reception is your wedding theme. This will help you narrow down the options when it comes to texture, design, fabric and even to color as well. For instance, if you plan on having a romantic Valentine’s Day wedding, you could have red or pink table linens made from luxurious fabrics. At the same time though, if you want a rustic-chic wedding, you might want to settle for other options.
- Your color scheme. Naturally, you should match your linens to the color scheme you have chosen for the wedding reception too. If in doubt, whites and creams work with almost everything – and they don’t have to be dull either (for instance, you can choose white table linens with delicate lace-like motifs on them).
- Beware of the “too much”. While matching your linens with the wedding theme and colors are both great ideas, you should also make sure that you don’t go too much over the top with your linens. Remember that the tables will look quite “crowded” with the centerpieces, tableware, glassware and cutlery on them so you should make sure that everything looks well-balanced and stylish.
Here at Grand Central Party we can provide you with a vast range of beautiful table linens you can choose from. Even more than that, we can also provide you with a an impressive collection of wedding rentals that range from tents to lightning so make sure to come visit and visit us if you want to create a truly beautiful wedding!
Photo source: flickr.com/ fivedollarones
February 2, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Of all the events in people’s lives, weddings are among the happiest ones. Naturally, you will want your wedding to be full of joy and you will want your guests to have a great time attending it too. Aside from the “traditional” music, food and drinks you should definitely know that there are many, many other options you can include in your wedding so that everyone has huge fun. If you are searching for inspiration when it comes to this, you have come to the right place because we have put together a list of some of the most popular and enjoyable games you can include in your reception. Read on and find out more!
- Good old classics such as “Mad Libs” and “Icebreakers” can be very easily incorporated into your wedding. These games will get guests to talk to each other (even if they don’t know each other very well) and they will make for great fun moments too.
- Photo booth. Rent a photo booth and everyone will be excited. But if you want them to have even more fun with your photo booth, add a twist to it. For instance, ask your guests to write marriage advice on a blackboard before they go into the booth – this way, they will end up talking to each other (and, consequently, having fun too).
- The kissing menu. Clinking glasses and giving toasts so that the guests get to see the bride and the groom kissing – now, that is a classic indeed. If you want to add a fun twist to this though, create a “kissing menu” that will make your guests “work together” in order to see a kiss from you and your spouse.
- Oversized board games. If you plan on having an outdoor reception, renting oversized board games can be really entertaining for everyone. From Chess to Checkers and Snakes and Ladders, almost every board game you used to play as a kid can now come in an “oversized” version too – and trust us, everyone will want to take a turn on these games regardless of their age!
Grand Central Party can provide you with a really rich variety of wedding rentals for the Nashville area – so that your Big Day turns exactly as you have always dreamed it to be. Come visit us and pick your favorite chairs, tent, glassware, China, bars and everything else you need for your wedding!
Photo source: flickr.com/ philhearing
January 26, 2015 by Grand Central Party
There’s a very good reason your mom always told you to use the “magic” words and that is related to the fact that, in one way or another, they actually are magic. A “Thank You” coming from the heart has the power to move mountains – which is precisely why you should definitely send “Thank You” cards to the people who have taken the trouble to attend your wedding.
How do you create the perfect “Thank You” card, though? We have gathered 3 simple tips to help you do this, so make sure to read on and find out more.
- Write them down. Seriously, hand written, personalized “Thank You” cards are the best kind, no matter how you look at this. Thus, take your time and hand write every single card. No, sending out mass-produced messages is not the right thing to do, so make sure you have plenty of time to write every card by ordering them before the wedding.
- Timing is essential. In general, a lot of wedding etiquette books and magazines say that you have up to one year after the wedding to send out the Thank You’s. However, that’s completely untrue. The best timing is a maximum of 3 months after the wedding, so make sure to send them before someone starts wondering if they did something wrong at the wedding and, as a result, they did not receive their card.
- Your wedding vendors deserve your “Thank You” too, especially if they went the extra mile to make you happy for the Big Day. Also, remember to leave them with a good review if you were satisfied with their work because this will mean the world to every single vendor out there, no matter what they deal with in particular.
If you are still planning the Big Day and if you are searching for wedding rentals (such as a tent or a lightning system, for example), make sure to stop by Grand Central Party too. We’ll make sure you get what you need for a MAGIC wedding day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ amy.gizienski
January 19, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Everyone who has already gone through a wedding planning process knows just how many details have to be considered. Creating a wedding timeline will help you coordinate everything so that it runs smoothly and as “accident-free” as possible. How do you do that, though? Read on and find out some of the best tips on how to create a successful wedding timeline:
- Start with a guest list and a budget. Before you do anything, talk to your fiancé and see exactly how much money you can afford spending with your wedding. Don’t over-indulge and try to keep this number in mind throughout the entire wedding planning process. Also, bear in mind that although there are many ways to make sure that you stick to your budget, the most effective one will always be narrowing down your guest list. So, before you even think of a wedding theme and before you even start hunting for the best venue and vendors, make sure you have a guest list as stable as possible.
- When setting the date, try to think of one or two “backup” options as well. Most likely, you are not the only ones getting married in the same period and you will be “competing” with other couples for the best venues and vendors in your area.
- Take all details into consideration and don’t forget to plan the wedding day logistics. Things such as knowing when your caterer will arrive at your venue’s location, knowing who will take care of the place cards and knowing who will deal with the décor can be just as important as everything else that led up to that moment.
If you are searching for a wedding tent or for any other types of wedding rentals (including glassware and lightning), don’t forget to stop by Grand Central Party. Our large collection of wedding rental items can help you save time and money without compromising on how your wedding will eventually turn out!
Photo source: flickr.com/ slightly everything
January 12, 2015 by Grand Central Party
While these days wedding etiquette is not as “rigid” as it used to be, many brides still choose to take it into consideration for their big day. Having a wedding veil is, of course, more of an option these days – but the truth is that it can complete your look in amazing ways. How do you choose the perfect wedding veil, though? Here are some tips to help you decide on what is best for you and for your wedding dress:
- Not all veils are created equal and, most of the times, every type of veil has a very specific gown design it works fantastic with. For instance, birdcage veils look fabulous with vintage and short wedding dresses, whereas flyaway veils are almost shoulder-length and work with more casual dresses such as lacy sheaths. Similarly, a chapel gown will almost exclusively look great with a statement wedding gown to complement its grandeur and elbow-length veils are usually recommended for gowns that don’t have a train.
- If your mother-in-law insists on having you wear her own wedding veil, think thoroughly of the answer you will give her. If it looks great, there’s no reason not to wear it. But if you don’t like it, try to see if your mother has her own veil and tell your mother-in-law that your mom wants you to wear her veil. Also, if you plan on having a more casual wedding, it is acceptable to tell your mother-in-law that you don’t find it appropriate to wear a wedding veil at all.
- If you settle on a cathedral veil, make sure someone will arrange it behind you before you start walking down the aisle. If you want to, you can have someone carry it behind you, but that’s not necessarily a “must”.
Once you have decided on your gown and veil, don’t forget to stop by Grand Central Party and rent all those small things that make the great differences. From tents to table linens and cake stands, we hold a very good range of wedding rentals to help you create your very own ideal wedding!
Photo source: flickr.com/ BenedictFrancis
January 5, 2015 by Grand Central Party
The wedding cake is one of the most important parts of a wedding – so you will surely want it to be spectacular from all points of view. Aside from the frosting and the filling, make sure you choose a wedding cake topper to truly say something about your personality and love story too. There are tons of cake topper options, so don’t be afraid to use your creativity! Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- A door-shaped cake topper. Choose to top your wedding cake with a door that opens and has your new last name written on it. This is a great way to use this symbol of the new life you are stepping into as a married couple.
- State-shaped cake toppers with your initials on them. If you and your spouse are coming from different states, this cake topper is a great way to reinforce the idea that love conquers all distances!
- Paper-doll cake toppers. Alright, you don’t have to use actual paper dolls, but you can talk to your confectioner/pastry chef about the option of creating cake toppers that are inspired by paper dolls. This will add a playful, yet still elegant touch to your wedding cake.
- Cake toppers inspired by nature. Anything from gold-painted twigs and flowers to cake toppers shaped like your favorite animals can look wonderful on the top of your wedding cake. Be creative and use these toppers on your frosted cake for a more traditional wedding or on a naked cake for a really unique, rustic-inspired wedding.
To complement your cake perfectly, don’t forget to stop by Grand Central Party and choose the most suitable flatware and glassware for your Big Day. Our wonderful rentals will surely contribute to a wedding torn out of fairy tales!
Photo source: flickr.com/ A Sweet Success (Laura)
December 29, 2014 by Grand Central Party
Weddings used to be quite traditional and they all felt like following a particular “recipe”. These days however, everybody is free to do whatever they want for their Big Day. And this also includes your gift registry. Some of the brides and grooms choose not to have any at all, while others choose to have a very “complex” one.
If you want to be creative with your gift registry, but if you don’t have a lot of ideas, remember to read on because we have put together some great ideas to inspire you:
- Everyone knows just how expensive a wedding can be, so why not ask your guests to contribute to a wonderful honeymoon? You can ask them to buy honeymoon activities on honeyfund.com!
- As a married couple, you will most likely want to move into your own home at some point in the future. Ask your guests to contribute to your down payment. They will all understand very well why you are doing this and they will definitely want to participate.
- If you want to keep it a bit traditional, but still reap all the benefits of a “modern age wedding”, register your gifts with a site/shop that sells very modern-like household items that are designed in a very beautiful way (Newlyish is a good example here).
- If you don’t want to be “material” with your wedding gifts, simply ask your guests to bring you a movie or a book that means something for them. Even better yet, ask them to donate to a charitable cause of your choice.
Grand Central Party can help you make sure that your guests will feel amazing at your wedding. From wedding tents to tableware, we have a wide range of wedding rentals in store – so you don’t have to worry about not finding what you need!
Photo source: flickr.com/wizardofozgurl