February 2, 2016 by Grand Central Party
Your wedding is a great event in your life – and you will surely want all those you love and appreciate to be there as you tie the knot. What are some of the wedding guests you will definitely want at your wedding? Read on and find out more.
- Your parents. They raised you, they gave you everything and they are one of the biggest and most important parts of your life story. You don’t want them to miss out on the big “I Do” – and even less so when you will see your dad getting really emotional and your mom having the time of her life!
- The elder couple. Regardless of whether these are your grandparents or your auntie and uncle, having an exemplary elderly couple at your wedding is a true inspiration. These people have made it through some pretty harsh times together and they definitely know one thing or two about how to create a beautiful, long-lasting wedding!
- The cute flower girl and ring bearer. Of course, it is entirely up to you if you want to have children at the wedding or not. But keep this in mind: these little guys will bring with them a boost of energy and good humor, so they make perfect guests for such a happy event!
- The fun guys and gals. Your brothers, your funky Maid of Honor, those just-a-bit-irritating college roommates of your future spouse – these are the people to bring the salt and pepper to a wedding, so you definitely want them there no matter what.
Searching for wedding rental items that will make your wedding truly stand out and be as unique as your love story is? Contact Grand Central Party and come see what’s in store for your Big Day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ GoonSquadSarah
January 19, 2016 by Grand Central Party
Undoubtedly, your wedding will be one of the most expensive events you will ever plan. Thus, budgeting and knowing exactly who should pay for what are both extremely important issues to think of.
What are some of the most important things to know about this? We have gathered some tips you should definitely know if you want to follow proper wedding budget etiquette – so read on and find out more.
- The outfits. Naturally, the bride and her family will pay for the dress, while the groom and his family will pay for the tuxedo. Furthermore, the wedding party members should pay for their own attires.
- The flowers and the décor. Traditionally, the bride and her family are expected to pay for the florals and décor at the ceremony and reception, as well as for the bridesmaids’ bouquets. At the same time, the groom and his family are expected to pay for the bride’s bouquet, for her going-away corsage and for the groomsmen’s boutonnieres.
- The reception. The bride and her family should pay for all the expenses related to the ceremony, except for the DJ (or band) and the bar (which should be paid by the groom’s side).
- The ceremony. The bride and her family are expected to pay for the ceremony site (whether religious or not) and for the other elements of the wedding. The groom should pay for the officiant’s fee and for the marriage license as well.
- The rings. While the bride and her family are expected to pay for the groom’s wedding band, he and his family should pay for both of the bride’s rings (the engagement and the wedding one too).
Searching for stunning and unique wedding rentals to help you have a wedding that’s truly customized and beautiful? Contact Grand Central Party and take a look at how we can help you!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Chris Photography(王權)
January 12, 2016 by Grand Central Party
Winter may be magical and romantic and it may be filled with amazing holidays we all love – but for your skin, this season is anything but a huge party. On the contrary, actually: the weather outside can take a toll on your skin and damage it in ways you definitely don’t want for your Big Day.
How to protect your skin from the harsh temperatures of winter? We have gathered some tips for you, so read on and find out more.
- UV protection. You may be surprised to know this, but you do need UV protection in winter too. Even the cloudiest days can have a huge impact on your skin, so it is better to be protected, rather than to be sorry.
- Gentler skincare. Forget about soap when it comes to cleansing your face – use cleansing oil instead. Also, make sure to choose a toning lotion that’s alcohol and fragrance-free. As for your body, make sure to use a richer body cream and a much gentler scrub as well (e.g. a scrub based on sugar, rather than sea salt).
- Extra-hydration. Provide your skin some extra-hydration to “make up” for the weather outside. A hydrating serum, an ultra-moisturizing eye cream and a heavy night cream can work wonders for your skin, even in the lowest temperatures!
Still searching for the perfect wedding rental items? Here at Grand Central Party, we have everything you need: from wedding tents to dance floors and from glassware to rustic furniture, they are all waiting for you to take your pick. Come visit us and rent the most beautiful items for your Big Day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ jenlynnephoto
January 4, 2016 by Grand Central Party
Destination weddings are unique, fabulous and truly unforgettable. They are the perfect way to celebrate your love with the people you really appreciate and who genuinely want to be there for you. But more than anything, they make for memories that are simply irreplaceable.
Beyond all these reasons, why is it that so many couples settle on a destination wedding? What are the main advantages of doing so? We have gathered some answers for you – so read on to find out more.
- A destination wedding can be really stress-free. Because there are so many professionals specializing in making sure destination weddings really turn out as planned, it is more than likely that your big event will be a true success too. These people know exactly how to handle long-distance wedding planning, they know how to treat local vendors and they also know very well how to make your dream wedding come true.
- It will make it easier to deal with the parents. Because you are choosing a different destination, you will not have to argue with your parents on why you’re not having the wedding in their home state. Less family drama also means that you will have a lot more to enjoy for the Big Day!
- You choose the destination – and this means you also choose how budget-friendly you want it to be. Believe it or not, a destination wedding doesn’t have to be excruciatingly expensive. It can be actually gentle with your finances and it can help you save tons of money too.
Searching for wedding rentals that will help you plan a genuinely unique Big Day? Come visit Grand Central Party and choose from the wide variety of wedding rental items! You will surely love them
Photo source: flickr.com/ brand0con
December 29, 2015 by Grand Central Party
As a bride-to-be, you probably worry about a lot of things. The paper lanterns, the chairs, the heating, the music, the flowers… it all seems like an endless list of to do’s! And yet, how you look is definitely not among the least important one of all these tasks.
In fact, you are probably more than concerned about your bridal look too! Does this mean you absolutely need to wear makeup, though?
We have the answer for you – so read on if you want to find out more!
- Nobody can tell you what you have to do on your wedding day. However, if you truly want to look at your very best, wearing makeup may be really important. It’s not that you are not absolutely gorgeous without makeup, but the harsh truth is that the HD camera can really emphasize all those small flaws on your skin – and you probably want to look great in your wedding photos, right?
- The good news is that you don’t have to wear a lot of makeup if you don’t like the idea. In fact, a bit of foundation, some mascara, some lipstick and just a dash of blush can work wonders!
- If you are open to the idea of wearing a bit more makeup, talk to your makeup artist about creating a very natural look. Some brides are perfectly OK with wearing more makeup, but they want to keep it on the natural side – so if that’s your case, you shouldn’t worry about this!
Here at Grand Central Party, we have gathered some of the most beautiful and unique wedding rental items to help you plan an original and unforgettable wedding! Come visit us, take a look at what we have in store and you’ll definitely love what we offer!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Miranda Ward
December 22, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Because your wedding is such a hugely important moment in your life and because it extremely special both for you and for the people you invite there, you will surely want every single part of the Big Day to be fabulously well-planned.
Creating the right seating arrangement for the wedding ceremony is just as important as it is for the reception – and even more so if you want your ceremony to look really creative and unique.
How to do it, though? What are some of the most creative ceremony seating ideas to inspire you? Read on and find out more.
- Circular. This seating arrangement is perfect if you want your wedding ceremony to be really intimate and cozy. Furthermore, it will help everyone get a great view of the big “I Do” and nobody will feel “ranked” in any way.
- Spiral. Similar to the circular seating arrangement, the spiral one is a bit more creative and it may need a bit more space – but it is more than worth it too! Beautiful and really unique, the spiral seating arrangement works wonderfully with elegant weddings that really want to make a statement.
- Unique seats. Aside from the arrangement proper, make sure to choose unique seats for your guests too. Simple chairs can be beautifully transformed into pieces of décor with the help of cushions and/or blankets. But if you want to go beyond basic chairs, there are plenty of other options to consider too (e.g. hay bales covered with ethnic-printed blankets).
Planning a rustic-chic wedding? Searching for wedding rentals that will help you personalize the Big Day in a truly beautiful way? Come visit Grand Central Party and choose from our huge variety of wedding rentals! You will definitely love what we offer!
Photo source: flickr.com/ bruce.bentley
December 15, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Winter weddings are whimsical and magical. They bring to life the most beautiful fairy tales and the most amazing love stories. They are unique, full of grace and, above anything, they are truly and utterly elegant as well.
If you want your Big Day to be really fabulous, complement it with pine trees. This is a wonderful motif to include in your winter wedding décor – and there are many ways to do it too. Following, we have gathered some of the most beautiful ideas to help you incorporate pine trees into your Big Day’s décor – so read on if you need some inspiration.
- On your invitation suite. Include a few branches of pine trees on your wedding invitations’ design and they will look absolutely fabulous. We suggest a beautiful shade of blue, some pure white and the green given by the pine tree branches for an elegant invitation suite your guests will surely love.
- In the bouquet. Combine your favorite flowers with pine tree branches and berries to create a winter wedding bouquet that’s truly gorgeous. The green in the pine trees works with a wide range of other colors (and not necessarily just with red), so don’t be afraid to be creative!
- For the cake. Decorate your wedding cake with fresh pine tree branches and it will look so unique! Both frosted cakes and naked cakes look great this way, so you shouldn’t worry about anything.
- In the centerpieces. Create fabulous wedding table centerpieces with pine tree branches, flowers and a gorgeous candle in the middle. It will look really wintery and it will give your tables a very natural, rustic accent that’s really stylish.
Searching for rustic pieces of furniture to rent for the Big Day? Or maybe for some beautiful glassware or tableware? If so, come visit Grand Central Party and choose from our superb variety of wedding rental items!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Just Another Wretch
December 8, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Planning a wedding is very much about the details. About those small things that make the huge differences. About the style you choose for your wedding day and about the choices you make throughout the wedding planning process.
For example, your table runners may seem like the least important thing to deal with – but the truth is that the right table runner can change the appeal of your wedding tables in the blink of an eye.
How to choose the most elegant wedding table runners? We have gathered some tips to inspire you – so read on and find out more.
- Ivory flowers. Forget about boring table runners in one color – allow the beautiful blooms to take over your tables and they will look absolutely splendid. Create table runners with stunning ivory white flowers and your wedding décor will look truly elegant and stylish.
- Bring in the sparkles. Want your wedding décor to be glamorous, yet you want to make sure you don’t fall into the deep abyss of “kitsch”? Choose table runners that have a bit of sparkles on them and pair them with plain table linens and classy glassware and tableware.
- Succulents. If the idea of having a flower table runner appeals to you, but if you want to make things even more unique, talk to your florist about creating gorgeous table runners with succulents. This will be really original and it will look amazing with a rustic-themed wedding!
Grand Central Party has brought in the most beautiful and varied wedding rental items – so if you want to really personalize your wedding and make it 100% yours, you should definitely pay us a visit. Come and choose from our beautiful range of rustic furniture items, wedding tents and rental objects that will make your wedding absolutely unforgettable!
Photo source: flickr.com/ fivedollarones
November 30, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Nobody attends weddings for the sole purpose of drinking, eating and dancing. But providing your guests with the necessary basics to make this one of the best parties of their lives can be a really nice thing to do – both for you and for them as well. After all, these people have come such a long way to be there for you, so you will definitely want them to fondly remember your big day!
How do you keep your guests on the dance floor? How do you make sure your wedding playlist is attractive for everyone, so that they all have fun at your wedding? We have gathered some tips to help you with this – so read on if you want to find out more.
- Include all genres. It is more than likely that your guests listen to different genres. Some may like pop hits, while others may be more into the country songs. Some may like old rock ballads, while others may like to listen to dance and electronic music. If you want to make sure everyone is satisfied with the music (and stays on the dance floor), make sure to include as many genres as possible.
- Travel back in the history of music. It is also very likely that your guests are of different ages. Thus, they will like music from different decades. Including a few songs from the 60s and 70s for your parents, some songs from the 80s and 90s for those a bit younger and some modern songs can be a really great way to make sure everyone enjoys your playlist.
- Ask them. Yes, keeping your guests on the dance floor can be as easy as simply asking them. Include a special line on your RSVPs and ask your guests what their favorite song is. Play all of them at the wedding to ensure they stay on the dance floor for at least one song.
Grand Central Party has brought together the most beautiful, unique and stylish wedding rentals – so if you want your wedding to be truly personal and original, you should definitely check us out. Come visit our site and choose from a wide range of glassware, tableware, linens, wedding tents and wedding furniture! We guarantee you’ll love what we offer!
Photo source: flickr.com/ kevin dooley