July 28, 2015 by Grand Central Party
After all the stress and anxiety that come with planning a wedding, it is only natural that you and your fiancé/spouse will want to relax in a nice place. Most people think a dream honeymoon costs a fortune – but the truth is actually very different.
In fact, you can have a marvelous honeymoon even if you don’t have an unlimited sum of money at your disposal and even if your budget is tighter. What are some of the best ideas to inspire you? Read here and find out more:
- Belize. You can have a honeymoon in Belize for less than $2,500 – so if you want your honeymoon to be the perfect blend between exoticism and adventure, this is the perfect destination for you and your soon-to-be-spouse. Visit the Mayan pyramids, sunbathe and have tons of fun –you will have plenty of stories to bring home with you!
- Dublin. If you want a “slice” of Europe on your honeymoon, but if you feel that Greece, France and Italy are overrated (or too expensive), Ireland is a marvelous choice. Visit Dublin and you will be surrounded by amazing people, by great history and literature and by new things to learn at every corner of the city. An experience you’ll definitely want to write home about!
- Jackson Hole. If you want to “stay at home” for the honeymoon, but if you still want to see amazing places, head out to Wyoming. The incredible landscapes here make for unforgettable memories – and there are plenty of things to do for tourists of all types too. Affordable, fun and romantic, Jackson Hole is the right destination for those of you who want to experience the best America’s got to offer in terms of nature.
If you are still planning your wedding and if you are searching for rental items to suit your wedding theme, come visit Grand Central Party. Cutlery, glassware, tents, lights – you name it and you will surely find it in our store. Give us a call today and come rent all of the wedding items you need!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Steve’s stills
July 21, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Although these days weddings are much more “modern” than they used to be, the truth is that many couples still prefer to have a traditional church wedding over any other ceremony location. And that’s perfectly fine!
But if you want to bring just a touch of modernity to your church wedding, you should definitely know that it can be done with a bit of creativity (and, of course, with your officiant’s permission as well). How to do it, though? How to add modernity into a church wedding? Here are some tips to help you out:
- Flowers. This is the easiest and most acceptable way to modernize a church wedding – and it can be really useful when it comes to creating a certain type of atmosphere too. For instance, if you want to bring a pop of color into your church ceremony, you can do this by using the right flower arrangements.
- Soft lights. There’s nothing more romantic and warm than the soft lights churches are usually veiled in. If your church doesn’t have this kind of lighting, ask your officiant if it would be OK for you to bring some candles and to use them to decorate the aisle.
- Whatever you do, make sure you don’t do it too much. Churches have their own natural beauty and you should use décor only to emphasize it – not to completely over-do it with too many flowers, too many décor pieces and too much lighting.
If you are searching for wedding rental items, make sure to come by Grand Central Party. We hold a more than impressive collection of items that are perfect for a wide variety of weddings – so we are more than worth giving a try. Contact us, visit us and rent the most beautiful items for your Big Day!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Brokentaco
July 15, 2015 by Grand Central Party
You want your wedding décor to look just as amazing as you feel – and wedding centerpieces have a great importance when it comes to this. How to make sure your wedding centerpieces are truly unique, though? We have gathered 3 original ideas you can incorporate into your table centerpieces – so if you need some inspiration, read here and find out more.
- Pineapples. Yes, you read that right. You most likely never thought of pineapples as great wedding décor items – but when combined with simple greenery and with a tropical theme focusing on white and vibrant colors, pineapples actually come as a natural choice. Simple, unique and truly beautiful!
- Succulents. We bet you’ve seen these around for quite some time now – and there’s a reason people love them so much. Succulents don’t dry out in the sun, they look really unique and they can be “molded” into a variety of types of centerpieces. From teacup succulents (which, by the way, can double as wedding favors) to intricate arrangements that include these plants, there’s a huge variety of options you can choose from.
- Birdcages. Cute, original and stylish, birdcages work fantastically with rustic-chic weddings, shabby-chic weddings and vintage weddings too. Paint yours with your favorite colors and use them as your centerpieces – either completely empty (to accentuate the actual flower vases) or filled with flowers and other décor elements. This is a truly lovely idea all of your guests will definitely appreciate as soon as they see it!
Grand Central Party provides a wide array of wedding rentals of all types. Tents, cutlery, glassware, tableware, table linens – you name it and you will definitely find it in our store. Come visit us, rent your favorite items and have the wedding of your dreams!
Photo source: flickr.com/Joybot
July 7, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Wedding décor is important for all brides out there – especially since it can make or break the “look” of their Big Day. Is renting the décor the best option – or is buying it better? How to decide what to do for your wedding? Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Some brides buy their wedding décor thinking that they will sell it after the wedding. However, this is not always feasible. In most cases, it takes quite a lot of time to order, unwrap, arrange and sell wedding décor – so if you know that time is not your “forte”, you might want to skip this idea.
- On the other hand, renting the décor will be much easier, since you will not have to worry about all the complicated steps of buying your wedding décor. Once you settle on your rental items, they will be delivered to you (or to your wedding designer) and you will not have to worry about having to sell them back to anyone.
- Even more than that, there are tons of options to suit every wedding style – so no matter what your theme may be, you will surely find something to truly suit it. From wedding tents that are elegant to rustic tables perfect for outdoor summer weddings, there’s something for everyone regardless of their style. All you need is just a bit of creativity to combine all the elements together in a beautiful, harmonious way.
Here at Grand Central Party, we provide brides and grooms with high quality, unique wedding rental items – and we have a gorgeous variety of them too! Come visit us and rent tableware, tents, dance floors and everything else you may need for your Big Day! There’s no way you will ever regret having chosen us!
Photo source: flickr.com/ iulia.pirone
June 29, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Most ladies can remember how they used to dream of becoming “real-life princesses” on their wedding day. So why wouldn’t you include your favorite children’s book in your wedding? We have gathered some really wonderful, romantic and heart-warming ideas – so if this is something you would like to do on your Big Day, make sure to read on and find out more.
- You could personalize your favorite children’s story and transform it in a coloring book to offer to all of those young guests at your wedding. This is the perfect wedding favor for the little ones, especially since it will also keep them busy throughout the wedding.
- Even more, you could actually include your favorite fairy tale in the ceremony too. Ask your bridesmaids to read some of your most beloved passages during the ceremony and they will truly love it! This is a gracious way of including them in the ceremony and of bringing some of your own personality and dreams into it as well.
- Last, but not least, don’t forget about the fact that you can center your entire wedding on your favorite children’s book. Planning a wedding around such a childish (and yet romantic) theme is a really sweet way to show that deep inside, you are happy that you finally found the prince you have been dreaming about ever since you were a little girl!
And if you want everything to be absolutely flawless, check with what Grand Central Party has to offer. We provide a wide range of wedding rental items that cover for any kind of need you may have for the Big Day. From fairy-tale wedding tents to elegant glassware and tableware, we have them all – and they are all ready to be rented by you! Come visit us and take a look around!
Photo source: flickr.com/elPadawan
June 15, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Just like every other detail of your wedding, your wedding stationery plays an important role in helping you feel excellent on your Big Day. What are the most important questions to ask your wedding stationery designer, though? Read on and find out more.
- Ask him/her if he/she can show a portfolio. This will give you a better idea of how his/her style would look like on your wedding stationery, so that you can make the best decision for your Big Day.
- Ask him/her if he/she has specialized in a particular type of stationery. Some designers only create very traditional invitations and stationery, while others work with multiple styles. Make sure you ask this to see if your designer is compatible with your idea of a beautiful wedding style.
- Ask him/her about the final price for your wedding stationery. Don’t forget to ask the designer about how he/she prices the invitations, how many of them you will receive in the package and what is the actual, final price for everything.
- Last, but definitely not least, ask him/her about how you can personalize your invitations and stationery. This is very important for those of you who want your Big Day to be genuinely unique. Some designers prefer to customize as little as possible, while many others can customize every single aspect of your wedding stationery so that it really fits your wedding, your style and your personality.
Grand Central Party can also help you have a wedding that’s all yours. We hold an impressive collection of wedding rentals of all kinds – from glassware to wedding tents – so no matter what you may need, do not hesitate to contact us and to visit us. We guarantee your wedding will be genuinely unforgettable and special!
Photo source: flickr.com/ montymanateeweddings
June 9, 2015 by Grand Central Party
Sometimes, we follow traditions without even knowing exactly where they originated – and wedding traditions make no exception from this rule. For example, do you know what are some of the most beautiful symbols behind the wedding rings? We have gathered some of the most interesting facts, so make sure to read on if you want to find out more about this.
- The idea of wearing a wedding ring seems to have originated in the Ancient Egypt. The ring, an unbreakable circle, stood for the never-ending love and commitment the husband and wife bear to each other. Wearing a wedding ring did not become very popular until Roman times though – and ever since then it has caught on to most of the Western civilizations.
- Furthermore, the idea of wearing a diamond ring is very frequently associated with the strength of this gem (which symbolizes the strength of the love between the husband and wife as well). The tradition of the diamond engagement ring started in the second half of the 15th century in Austria and it is still followed today as well.
- Last, but not least, the idea of wearing matching wedding rings is quite new for the American soil. Although this tradition was introduced by the Greek Orthodox Church in the 14th century, it wasn’t until the Second World War that Americans started to wear wedding bands (especially since war split them apart from their loved ones and the rings acted as a “promise” and as a solace as well).
Here at Grand Central Party, we provide brides and grooms with the most beautiful and qualitative wedding rentals out there. Come visit us and pick from the wide selection of wedding furniture, tents, tableware and glassware – and your wedding will definitely look more than gorgeous!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Grand Velas Riviera Maya
June 1, 2015 by Grand Central Party
With summer right around the corner, many brides-to-be are searching for the perfect summer wedding themes to incorporate in their Big Day. If that is the case for you too, you should definitely consider the option of planning a vineyard wedding. Elegant and yet informal, stylish and yet not overly opulent and unique without being over-the-top, this type of wedding could be an unforgettable choice.
How to pull this off? Here are some tips you might want to keep in mind.
- Make sure you are private. If you want to host your wedding at a vineyard, make sure to talk to the managers there and see when you can rent the entire estate. This way, you will make sure strangers will not “intrude” your wedding and that your privacy will be protected.
- Flower arrangements. Vineyard weddings are already surrounded by gorgeous natural landscapes, so you definitely don’t want to exaggerate with the flower arrangements. Simple, natural and elegant flower centerpieces are the best choice, as they will perfectly complement the landscape. Also, rustic décor works marvelously with vineyard but, again, you should make sure not to go “too far” with it.
- Special music. Hire a unique live band to provide you with music on your wedding day because this will be a perfect complement to the surrounding nature. Although you can go for a DJ, the truth is that a live instrumental band will most likely “fit” better into the theme.
If you are searching for the perfect rustic furniture to use for your vineyard wedding, make sure to contact Grand Central Party today! We offer a wide range of wedding rental items meant to suit every style there is – and they all look absolutely gorgeous too. Contact us and find out more about our rentals!
Photo source: flickr.com/ kona99
May 25, 2015 by Grand Central Party
With all the fuss of planning a wedding, it’s really no wonder why so many couples want to simply “escape” once everything’s done. And the honeymoon is the perfect excuse for doing this. How to plan for the perfect honeymoon, though? Here are some tips to help you out:
- Ideally, you should start the honeymoon planning 6 months before the wedding. Set a budget for the honeymoon, search for a travel agent, settle on a particular destination and on a particular package, think of the ways in which you can save money and book/reserve all the things you will need in your vacation (the hotel, the car rental, and so on).
- With about 3 months before the wedding you should already know very well where you are going and you should have made the reservations as well. This is the time to obtain passports (if necessary) and to consider the option of buying a travel insurance policy (helpful if either of you has health problems, if you are worried about your safety or if you are afraid that the weather may ruin your honeymoon).
- Two months before the wedding you should start making reservations for those little activities that will keep you entertained during the honeymoon. Also, one month before the wedding/honeymoon you should make sure to make a shopping list with all the things you will need on holiday, to reconfirm the reservations and to visit the doctor if you need to.
- The last couple of weeks before leaving should be dedicated to picking up the airline tickets, exchanging money in the local currency (about $50 in small bills should be enough to get you from the airport to the hotel), packing everything and making sure all documents are photocopied and well-hidden in your luggage and handbag too.
If you want your wedding planning to be as hassle-free as possible, come visit Grand Central Party. Our affordable, beautiful wedding rentals will help you get a dream wedding without spending a fortune on it! Contact us and find out more about our offer!
Photo source: flickr.com/Natesh Ramasamy